Finding Gazette content
What content is available on the Gazette website?
- Individual back issues are available on our Back Issues page from 2010/11 onwards
- Indexes for from 2010/11 onwards are also available on that page; as of 2020/21, these indexes contain hyperlinks to each notice referenced
- Combined volumes for 2004/5 onwards are available on the Gazette's archive site, hosted by Figshare and enabled by the Sustainable Digital Scholarship service. More information and individual links are available on our Back Issues page.
Searching for content
- The search bar at the top of all Gazette webpages may be used to search this site, but please bear in mind that search results do not include content within individual issues as PDFs are not included in the search
- To help with finding specific items of content, a Content: by subject index is created week by week, to enable easier browsing through all examples of each type of notice during the year. This has been created for each year since 2015/16.
- Back issues are sporadically available in HTML and text format for the years 1993/4 to 2009/10. Many of these files are incomplete or missing; they will be replaced with whole-volume scans on our archive site as soon as possible. If you need specific files in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on content changes
- The News Pages, which appeared in the printed Gazette from 20 September 1990, are available in the online Gazette from 13 June 1996 to 3 August 2000 inclusive. (After this date the News Pages were replaced by the newsletter Blueprint; Blueprint has now been replaced by the University Bulletin.)
- With effect from the issue of 20 September 2001, to comply with data protection requirements, certain elements of the Gazette were not made available online. They are:
- in the Council and Main Committees and Congregation sections: notices of the conferment of Degree by Resolution;
- in the Notices section: notices of the award of University scholarships and prizes;
- in the Examinations and Boards section: notices of Leave to Supplicate for a degree, and notices of oral examinations (viva notices);
- in the College, Halls and Societies section: notices of college elections and prizes.
- Following changes to the content and format of the Gazette from the issue of 23 September 2010, notices of undergraduate prizes were also removed from the print edition, but notices of college elections were restored to the online edition.
- Further changes were made to the online Gazette with effect from the issue of 22 September 2011, to allow current members of the University to log in and view the items not otherwise published online.
- Statistical information on the University published annually in the Gazette is available from 1990, in the form of PDF files. See the section on Statistical information.